Baked Maple Donuts
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg* (use an egg replacer or use options HERE)
2 egg whites* (use flax egg for egg free)
for this recipe use 2 flax eggs click HERE
on tips for baking and how to make a flax egg
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons applesauce
1/4 cup dairy free milk* or cow's milk (*flax milk,
almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease donut baking pan and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir in maple syrup, applesauce, and milk.
3. Mix in baking soda, salt, and coconut flour.
4. Divide batter evenly between 6 donut molds.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let donuts cool on a cooling rack.
7. Top with maple glaze.
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon maple extract
1 teaspoon water (more if needed)
Mix all glaze ingredients together until the consistency you prefer for the glaze. Letting it sit for a few minutes helps or placing it in the refrigerator for a few minutes will thicken it up. Drizzle on top of cooled donuts.
Storage: Once cool, place in baggies and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. These donuts keep well in the freezer and are easy to heat up in the microwave. Suggestion - place each donut in an individual baggie for easy one-serving breakfasts.
Servings: 6 donuts
Allergy free from:
Nuts (not coconut)