Caramelized Rib Chops
2 rib chops/pork chops (bone in or without)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic salt
4 garlic cloves (optional)
1 tablespoon butter* (Earth Balance for dairy free)
1/4 cup honey (use raw local honey for best quality)
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat canola oil in stovetop and oven safe pan, over medium heat.
3. Season pork chops with garlic powder/salt and a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Sear pork chops for 2 minutes per side, remove from pan.
5. Reduce heat to low-medium and saute garlic (if using).
6. Add butter to pan and let melt.
7. Add in honey, water and apple cider vinegar and bring to a simmer (medium-high heat).
8. Cook until the sauce just starts to thicken slightly. Pour sauce into a small bowl or pitcher.
9. Place rib/pork chops back in pan and pour sauce over the top.
10. Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes (check with thermometer to be sure they are cooked).
11. Broil the rib/pork chops for 1 to 2 minutes to caramelize.
Serve on top of rice, quinoa, riced cauliflower or roasted vegetables. Or serve with a side of your favorite vegetables.
Allergy free from: