Chocolate Black Bean Brownies
1 - 15 oz can organic, gluten free black beans
(drained and rinsed)
5 large eggs*
EGG FREE - use egg replacer, flax eggs, or other
options, read more HERE
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup raw honey
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. Place drained and rinsed beans, 3 of the eggs, vanilla, and salt into the blender, and blend on high until beans are liquified.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, honey, coconut oil, and the remaining 2 eggs. Beat well.
4. Add the bean mixture to the large bowl and mix well, until smooth.
5. Fill cupcake pan with batter and bake for 25 minutes, times may vary depending on oven. Cupcakes are down with the tops are firm to touch.
6. Let cupcakes cook in cupcake tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
7. For best results, let cupcakes sit for 8 hours.
8. Frost cupcakes, if desired. Frosting recipe HERE.
Allergy free from:
Nuts* (not coconut free)