Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
8 oz cream cheese, softened (*dairy free use Daiya or Violife)
16 oz salsa verde
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
8 oz diced green chiles (do not drain)
2 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro
1 teaspoon cumin
6 to 8 cups tortilla chips
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (*dairy free use
Follow your Heart, Daiya, or Violife)
1. Olive oil your Instant Pot (or crockpot), bottom and sides.
2. Mix together cream cheese and salsa verde until well combined.
3. Add in chicken, green chiles, onion, cilantro, garlic, and cumin.
4. Place a layer of tortilla chips (broken up if you'd prefer) on the bottom of the Instant Pot pan or crockpot.
5. Place 1/3 of the chicken mixture on top of the tortilla chips.
6. Place 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top of the chicken mixture.
7. Repeat all layers until ingredients are gone.
8. Place Instant Pot or crockpot lid on and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours (crockpot) or 1 hour (Instant Pot).
9. When done cooking, release pressure from Instant Pot. Top with a layer of cheddar cheese and chips.
10. Let stand 10 minutes.
Servings: 4 to 6
Allergy free from: