Lemon Pound Cake
1 cup unsalted butter*, room temperature
(use Earth Balance for dairy free)
1 2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
5 eggs* (can sub flax eggs for egg free)
2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
(XO Baking Co. is my preferred flour)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Butter and flour bundt pan.
3. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, then add lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix well.
4. In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with mixer until creamy.
5. Combine egg and butter mixtures.
6. Add sugar to combined mixtures.
7. Fold in flour one cup at a time. Be careful not to over-mix. Let batter sit 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Spoon batter into bundt pan.
9. Bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
10. Remove cake from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
11. Remove cake from bundt pan to cool on wire rack completely.
OPTIONS: Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar or drizzle with a glaze.
Allergy free from: