2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter*
DAIRY FREE: use a substitute buttery spread
like Earth Balance or Country Crock Plant Butter
4 strips chicken bacon (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour
recommendations: XO Baking Co gluten free all-
purpose flour or millet flour
3 cups of organic chicken or vegetable stock/broth
2 cans salmon (drained)
1 large potato (diced)
2 cups milk*
DAIRY FREE: use a dairy free milk like flax milk, almond milk,
coconut milk, or soy milk
2 cups frozen corn
1. Preheat a large stockpot on medium heat. Melt Earth Balance and Olive Oil.
2. Add the chopped bacon strips and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the onion and garlic and saute for an additional 4 minutes.
4. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, continuing to stir.
5. Whisk in the chicken stock/broth and simmer, then reduce to low.
6. Stir in salmon, corn and potatoes. Simmering for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
7. Stir in the milk and simmer 4 minutes.
8. Serve with added salt and pepper, to taste.
9. Goes great with the Biscuits recipe, click here!
Allergy free from: